StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet StepMill – The 8 Series Gauntlet StepMill by Stairmaster is a commercial-rated step machine with revolving stairs to provide a cardio workout experience to the exerciser of true stairclimbing. For nearly 30 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. Now you can bring that same toughness to your home workouts with the totally redesigned GAUNTLET. The Gauntlet StepMill is easy to recognize – it’s the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing. Each time you mount the Gauntlet StepMill, the unit’s electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones. The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
The Gauntlet Series 8 StepMill offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience. The Gauntlet offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build, mystery challenge, steady, and heart rate zone trainer. The console also offers a nationally recognized multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength. (Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.) Finally, with the LCD console it’s easy to track your progress thanks to the easy-to-read LCD display, which tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more. As a bonus, the LCD console is designed to integrate with the optional MYE 15.6-inch HD Personal Viewing Screen, so you can easily keep up to date with your favorite soap opera or sports team.
StepMill Design Features:
- Easy-to-read LCD console displays time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs and workout profile.
- 10 programmed workouts include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- Revolving staircase with eight 8″ (20cm) high, 9″ (23cm) deep and 22″ (56cm) wide steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Ergo-bar hand grip provides alternative hand positions.
- Broad oval handrails are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Stepup assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Injection-molded plastic shrouding with darker, modern color scheme.
- Active “Hot” Bar for remote stop and contact heart rate.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring. Chest strap not included.
- Console Accessories include reading rack and accessory tray
- Additional Features include integrated service light and personal fan.
- Frame Color: Hammertone Black steel frame finish
- Requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet
- Product Dimensions: 58″ L x 34″ W x 89″ H (147cm L x 86cm W x 226cm H)
- Machine Weight: 343 lbs (156 kg)
- Carton Dimensions: 58.7″ L x 31.9″ W x 52″ H (149cm L x 81cm W x 132cm H)
- Carton Weight: 438 lbs (199 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 59″ L x 32″ W x 62″ H | 479 lbs (Freight Shipping Class 125)
- Power Requirements: Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 100 VA
- Power Supply: Pre-wired for 110V or 220V, includes plugs for either configuration required by end user
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs. (159 kg)
- Frame: 15 year
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor and Wear Items: 1 year